Application Packet (PDF)
2016 Scout Application
Policy & Program
The following is a partial list of important policy and program documents for both 5th Brooklyn Scout 501c and BPSA.
- Code of Ethics & Youth Protection Guidelines
- Safe Swim Defense Guidelines
- BPSA-US Bylaws
- Terms & Conditions
- Participating Adults Required Background Check
We supply a complete uniform set at the start of each season (hat, shirt, basic badges: section, BPSA, Brooklyn 5th and Handbook). In the event you may require replacements and/or other supplies they can be found in our Quartermaster Store.
- Scout Kit List – Fall Camping
- Family Kit List – Fall Camping
- Gear/Brand Recommendations for all Budgets
- Local Rental List (gear, cars, etc.)
5th Brooklyn Scout Discount
Bring your Scout Handbook to receive discounts on purchasing and renting camping gear at local retailers:
- Gear-To-Go Outfitters 217 Garfield Place Brooklyn, NY 11215 – 10% discount
- EMS 530 Broadway, New York, NY 10012 – 20% discount (in-store only)
- Tents and Trails 21 Park Pl, New York, NY 10007 –10% discount (in-store only)
Leave No Trace (LNT)
The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics teaches people how to enjoy the outdoors responsibly.